Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by League against Religious Intolerance, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you post material (including comments) to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
◦the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
◦if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
◦you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
◦the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
◦the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
◦the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
◦your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
◦your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
◦you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by League against Religious Intolerance or otherwise.
By submitting Content to League against Religious Intolerance for inclusion on your Website, you grant League against Religious Intolerance a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, League against Religious Intolerance will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, League against Religious Intolerance has the right (though not the obligation) to, in League against Religious Intolerance’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in League against Religious Intolerance’s reasonable opinion, violates any League against Religious Intolerance policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in League against Religious Intolerance’s sole discretion.
2.Responsibility of Website Visitors. League against Religious Intolerance has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, League against Religious Intolerance does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. League against Religious Intolerance disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3.Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com links, and that link to LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com. League against Religious Intolerance does not have any control over those non-League against Religious Intolerance websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-League against Religious Intolerance website or webpage, League against Religious Intolerance does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. League against Religious Intolerance disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-League against Religious Intolerance websites and webpages.
4.Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As League against Religious Intolerance asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify League against Religious Intolerance in accordance with League against Religious Intolerance’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. League against Religious Intolerance will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. League against Religious Intolerance will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of League against Religious Intolerance or others. In the case of such termination, League against Religious Intolerance will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to League against Religious Intolerance.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from League against Religious Intolerance to you any League against Religious Intolerance or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with League against Religious Intolerance. League against Religious Intolerance, LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com, the LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of League against Religious Intolerance or its licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any League against Religious Intolerance or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. League against Religious Intolerance reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. League against Religious Intolerance may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. League against Religious Intolerance may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. League against Religious Intolerance and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither League against Religious Intolerance nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will League against Religious Intolerance, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to League against Religious Intolerance under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. League against Religious Intolerance shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless League against Religious Intolerance, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between League against Religious Intolerance and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of League against Religious Intolerance, or by the posting by League against Religious Intolerance of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New York, USA, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in New York, USA. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place New York, USA, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; League against Religious Intolerance may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
13. User Submissions. League against Religious Intolerance does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through this Site. Any material, information or other communication (“Communications”) you transmit or post to this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. League against Religious Intolerance will have no obligations with respect to the Communications. League against Religious Intolerance and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the Communications and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. Personally identifiable information that you submit to the LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com website for the purpose of receiving products or services will be handled in accordance with League against Religious Intolerance’s Online Privacy Statement. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, false, inaccurate, hateful, harassing, invasive of a person’s privacy or other material that would violate any law.
14. Links to Third-Party Websites. Links on this Site to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. League against Religious Intolerance has not necessarily reviewed all of these third-party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, League against Religious Intolerance does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
15. Guidelines for Linking to this Site. You may create links to this Site from other sites, but only in accordance with the terms listed below and in compliance with all applicable laws.
A site that links to League against Religious Intolerance:
May link to but not replicate the LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com website content
Should not create a browser or border environment around the LeagueagainstReligiousIntolerance.com website content
Should not imply that League against Religious Intolerance is endorsing it or its products
Should not misrepresent its relationship with League against Religious Intolerance
Should not present false information about League against Religious Intolerance’s services
Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups